Bustle.com, September 2013 - Present
Senior Lifestyle Editor
- Directing the Lifestyle channel for Bustle.com, a women's website that now attracts several million unique visitors per month after launching in August 2013.
- This includes managing, assigning, and editing a stable of roughly 30 writers in executing a huge volume of well-trafficked content that includes daily news stories, evergreen features, personal essays, and special projects coverage on the subjects of women's health, social issues, feminism, LGBT issues, food, travel, home, sex, relationships, career, finances, and more.
Google, February 2012 - July 2013
Senior Editor, Google Maps & Zagat
- Produced and edited restaurant, nightlife, shopping and attractions content for both online and print publications. Primary projects included Chicago restaurants, NYC restaurants and shopping, New Orleans nightlife and San Diego all verticals.
- Produced San Diego 2013 Guide in its entirety. Recruited and supervised a team of local editors, wrote and edited reviews, managed production schedule, worked with page layout.
Crain Communications, January 2011 - January 2012
Senior Associate Digital Editor, Autoweek
- Produced and edited daily content for Autoweek.com and new web properties, including news stories, features and slideshows. Created online content to supplement in-book stories.
- Recruited, managed and edited contributing features writers for Autoweek, Autoweek.com and new web properties. This included CBS travel correspondent Peter Greenberg, Eric Yang of Gear Patrol, Angela Tseng of BlogHer and Jayne O'Donnell of USA Today.
- Hosted TV segments and web series for Autoweek.com, including a series on food trucks.
- Utilized SEO best practices, worked with various content management systems and collaborated with marketing department on social media endeavors.
Freelance Writer, February 2006 - Present
- Reported on food, fashion, art, music and travel for The New York Times, The Huffington Post, Marie Claire, Food & Wine, New York Arts Magazine, Foam Magazine, Whole Living, The Fader, Front Desk Manhattan, Peter Greenberg Travel, StyleLine, Hour Magazine, Dbusiness.
Condé Nast Publications, June 2007 - October 2009
Food & Features Assistant, Cookie Magazine
- Assisted with the food beat. This included writing and producing FOB features, editing and testing recipes, working with recipe developers, attending photo shoots, managing the food blog, interviewing and securing recipes from renowned chefs, maintaining contact with restaurant and chef PR representatives, attending trade shows and assisting with Time for Dinner (Chronicle, 2010) cookbook.
- Conducted research, wrote articles and completed projects for the travel, fashion, books and gear beats.
- Assisted on research, copywriting and production for large-scale projects and events such as the Word of Mom awards, Smart Cookie awards and Best of Travel issue.
- Wrote and produced the Daily Find blog, Cookie Dough page and well opener.
- Worked with various brands to secure exclusive discounts for Cookie readers on editor-selected fashion, home, tech and beauty items.
Condé Nast Publications, August 2005 - June 2007
Fashion & Executive Assistant, Details Magazine
- Researched men's fashion brands, maintained contact with brand marketing representatives and prepared proposals, marketing reports and various projects for American and International Fashion Directors, Publisher, Associate Publisher and Advertising Director.
The Princeton Review, Summer 2005
- Taught group and individual SAT prep classes in math, English and essay writing to high school students, succeeding in improving the scores of each student by a minimum of 20 percent.
Boston College, Chestnut Hill, MA, August 2001 - May 2005
- Bachelor of Arts degree in Communications, minor in Social Justice, concentration in Studio Art.